Ancestral Roofs

"In Praise of Older Buildings"

Monday, November 3, 2014

Stone Diaries - a lasting Victory on Victoria

I wrote about this stone house on Victoria Road in Ameliasburgh, Prince Edward County back in July. At the time I was very happy to see that it had been sold, and hopeful that the buyer would have preservation of its heritage character and features uppermost in mind.

In early September I happened by, to see that Elliott Sage Design and Construction had been engaged to assist. I stuck my card in the front door, in a gap between glass and putty. (Unfortunately, those windows have once again been boarded up to prevent vandalism - why do people think breaking other folks' windows is fair game?)

I asked the owner if we could meet, as I would like to talk about chronicling the restoration (or at least about getting a look-about inside).

And she called me! A born-in-the-area, now Montreal-based writer whose parents live in Ameliasburgh, How great is that?

And we will get together soon. And you will - I hope - hear more about this wonderful house rescue here.


Elliott and Sage are the wonderful folks who did such a good job on my brother and sister-in-law's house build.

They regularly turn their talents to older buildings. Visit their website, if only to look at the team photo. Don't they look like a good bunch?

I am SO relieved!


No comments:

Post a Comment