Ancestral Roofs

"In Praise of Older Buildings"

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

She's had work done...

One of the challenges of loving old houses, is that they are sometimes not entirely honest with you. They may have had a little touch-up, fixing up some ageing bits. They may have added some new updated detail to their look. Or they may have changed style entirely and had a complete makeover.

I had fun just now with this house at 15 Hilton Street in Hamilton. When I photographed it (in not the best light, but wanted the shots for later research) I thought I'd found some rare Prairie Style home with Art Deco designs.






But the laugh's on me. I had a walkabout on Streetview to have another look. And that view which I hope you can get to here shows the house in question beside its conventional neighbour - and its pre-makeover style. Clever people. Isn't this fun?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment